At Alpha House, we recognize the work we do each day is essential for helping people achieve and maintain long-term recovery. We know the skills and tools gained in treatment will set the stage for the rest of their life.
During these uncertain times, we are closely following the guidelines set forth by State and County government amidst this crisis, reminding of us of the importance of our work. We are committed to staying open, accepting referrals, completing assessments, welcoming admissions, and maintaining business as usual – ensuring the health and safety of those in care, and those in need of care, throughout the entire process.
Alpha House is taking definitive steps to reduce the impact of the pandemic on our clinical and business operations, protecting staff and residents alike. While it is impossible to predict the severity of the impact of COVID-19, Alpha House recognizes the need to maintain inpatient and outpatient treatment operations. Now, as always, the safety and well-being of residents and employees will remain our top priority at Alpha House, Inc.
Following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and state and local officials, we have implemented a number of precautionary measures across our organization in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak:
- We are assessing and evaluating incoming clients about travel during the previous 14 days, potential exposure to COVID-19, and the presence of flue or COVID-19 symptoms prior to admission. We are unable to admit individuals who have screened positive, making a dutiful effort to provide a warm handoff to medical personnel or a more appropriate level of care.
- Friend and family visits are suspended until further notice. However, we will grant phone calls to residents retained in care so they can keep in communication with family and friends as it relates to their health and the health and safety of their loved ones.
- Whenever possible, outpatient therapy appointments will be kept via telemedicine.
- Outside self-help meetings are temporarily suspended. In-house self-help meetings will include only our residential clients and clinical staff members, using digital resources as necessary and appropriate.
- Administration is communicating actively and daily with our employees relative to their temperature and symptom monitoring, frequent hand washing, and the use of hand sanitizer.
- All staff are encouraged to stay home if they feel ill or believe they may be demonstrating signs of illness such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Staff are actively and regularly screening all residents for fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- Agency housekeeping and sanitation efforts have increased throughout the entire facility, especially in bedrooms, bathrooms, and common areas for both residents and employees.
Alpha House will continue to closely monitor updates issued by the CDC, WHO and state and local authorities surrounding COVID-19 and will follow all recommended steps to ensure the continued safety, health and well-being of our clients, families and employees.